Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wet Pants

The Hubby was so gracious this year and gave me a sewing machinefor Christmas so I can learn to do basic mending and heming for him, but also learn to make clothes for the Girl.
So on Monday, while the Girl was at daycare, I scampered off to Hobby Lobby to get the necessary supplies needed. I finall got to sit down last night and play with it!



Notice the old table it is sitting on. Wooden top with the wrot-iron stand. This belonged to my great-great grandmother who bought in in 1921. She raised my grandmother and this is such a special piece to have. It even still has the old machine in it and the iron foot-pedal at the floor.  Also notice the stack of patterns! I got them at HL for 0.99! The Girl is going to have lots of cute outfits (if I can figure out how to read the patterns, lol)!

So, I am trying to start this New Year off right and today was my first day back at work for the new year. I got up earlier than I had been, put on a pot of coffee, threw the pants and top for work in the dryer, and hopped in the shower. I had a my morning planned. I was going to get ready, read my new devotional book for "Women On-the-Go" and then get the Girl up, dressed, and out the door.  I get out of the shower, and ready to get my coffee and grab the clothes from the dryer when I hear a small voice over the monitor. It's only 6:25! The Girl doesn't get up until 7:00! Are you kidding me?!  The stupid dryer was apparently so loud it woke her up prematurely. Grrr! I tipp-toe into the kitchen and laundry room, grab my stuff and procede to get ready. Unfortunatly, now because I had to get ready so much faster than anticipate, I didn't get to finish letting my pants dry. Thankfully, she like to play with the crib toy she got for her birthday. Thank you Aunt Debbie! So as I am getting my hair dried and make-up on, I hear the babblings of a happy, entergetic 1 year-old along with the sounds of a cow, dog, and bird. She was flipping the tabs to hear the sounds and trying to mimic them.  I finish getting ready, since she was so content playing in her bed, and when I got to get her, this is what I get:



This is why I came into work this morning with wet pants! But that face is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment