Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Southern Christmas...

With Christmas only a few days away, I flash back to being a kid again. Putting up the Christmas tree and wishing Mom would replace the decorations. They are so old! Looking out the window as I lye in bed staring at the beautiful colors flowing through my window from the large bulded lights that circled the house. Watching the stack of wrapped gifts under the tree grow because Dad finally got his stuff under there. Having a Sleep-in with my brothers under the Christmas tree, with the lights on! Going to my aunt's (or grandma's) Christmas Eve and spending time with my cousins. Looking for that red light in the sky as we drove home.  Those are such great memories!

I look forward to the yeard to come and the great memories I hope we make for the Girl for her Christmases.

I wanted to share a little bit of our Christmas fun so far this year.


Driving Santa

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...


Mr. & Mrs. Claus are ready for bed. These are from my childhood.

This beautiful Angel sat atop my tree as a child. I am so happy to have her watching over the beautiful ceramic Christmas tree my mom made in the background.
 
Better picture of the tree. It is an iconic piece in my Christmas decorations.

Our Nativity scene this year. I had to dig Joseph out of the toy box and found Mary behind the tv.

It just isn't Christmas without Milk and a Little Debbie. :)


One of the Litte Sisters of the Angel above. She and her twin hung on each side of the tree growing up. This year they adorned the tree.
The tree...
Playing with the Christmas ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment