Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Choices, Choices

I know that exercise is going to be the key to my weight-loss goals this year. Sadly, I do have to work on motivation, but having somewhere to go and others to hold me accountible really helps.

Here are my choices,

a) Taking a Zumba class on Thursday nights at the College (where I work) and be around a bunch of young ladies 5-9 years younger than me that are probibaly 50+ lbs lighter than me. To add to it, the class is at 8 pm and I would have to drive 20 minutes each way to attend. On a side note: I have taken Zumba before and kept it up for 2 months (this is an accomplishment for me) and lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I REALLY enjoyed the dancing and fun we had.

b) Starting C25K with the ladies of my church. They are meeting Saturday afternoons at my high school track (5-7 minutes away from home) to help get us flabbies and couch-potatoes in shape. I have heard so many bloggers and friends on FB talk about their experience with C25K and I am interested. Maybe this is the encouragement and fellowship I have been needing to get my boo-hiney in gear.


I think I answered my own question, LOL!
So if I ask you to join me, please don't be offended. I just need some one to chat with and to help hold me accountible. I know there are a few of us that need something like this and have been talking about it. This is where we quit talking about losing weight and put our feet to the pavement. Who's with me?! Seriously, will you join me?

2 comments:

  1. Yup. What I like about c25k is that you don't HAVE to go to a class, you don't HAVE to sign up for anything. You can just put on your tennis show and hit the pavement, you know?
    BUT. I also know that for me, paying for something, like Zumba, helps hold me accountable. If I paid for it, I'm more likely to go.
    But with that being said, I'm trying to run. It doesn't cost me anything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, but $60 a month was getting expensive, hence the reason I quit going. This would be free at the college, so I don't know that it would have the same affect. But until the College starts paying more, I will have to resort to the free stuff.

    ReplyDelete