Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

New Years Resolutions... Lose weight

Like nearly everyone across the country, part of my New Years Resolutions is to lose weight. I am currently 10 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. That is without any real active attempt to lose weight. So, with the exception of the water-weight I dropped in the 2 weeks after the Girl was born last December I have lost another 20 lbs. I am pretty proud, however, it isn't enough! I have always been on the large size and am very determined to resolve this problem. In the past when I lost weight, I always felt so much better and had more energy. That is what I want, and to look less than gross in a bathing suit this summer. My goal for the year... to lose 50 lbs.


This is a rather daunting task, but as I have learned with most things, it is better to break it down into smaller goals. That means 25 lbs by June... which translates into 4.167 lbs per month. That feels like a much more managible goal! This means paying more attention to the amount I am eating and when I am eating it. It means being more active. As much as I want to do more, right now, the ridiculous cold weather in the South is keeping me inside. I really want to try C25K. Hopefully I can start working on that soon. I can see where that would be such a stress reliever as well.

So there it is! I have put it out there for the world to help hold me accountible. Now, that doesn't mean I want you knocking the cookie out of my hand when you see me in the cafe, but I do love encouragement and support. :) I am putting this in the Lord's hands. I want to be more healthy for me, for the Hubby, and for the Girl.

I will try to update once a month on my progress, one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment