Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

It's the little things...

Every day, we roll through life just working to move on to the next thing. A typical day starts,... get up and get ready, but I better hurry and get things done that I need to before it is time to get the Girl up, get her dressed and out the door so I can drop her off at daycare on time so I can get to work on time.

It leaves very little time for enjoying those first moments with her when I walk in her room to hear her awake and talking to herslf and playing. I call out to her. She hears my voice and quickly sits up with the biggest smile looking for me, and I get a giggle. HeHe! She is such a happy little girl and we sit in the rocking chair and cuddle for a few minutes as I get her out of her pajamas. Her hair is everywhere and there is sleep in her eyes, but as she looks at me with that grin, my heart melts. I just want to sit here an play with her all day. It is that grin that keeps me going through the day. That keeps me pushing towards my greater goals. To be able to work from home so I can be with her.

This morning, I dressed her for her first Christmas Party at daycare. Santa was even coming to visit this morning! Oh how I wish I could be there. She even kept the bow in her hair. It usually doesn't last more than 10 seconds. Although I am sure it is currently in the side pouch of her bag because she has yanked it out and either thrown it, or tried to eat it. At least she let Mommy get cute pictures. :D


Although when we got to meet Santa this weekend, we weren`t exactly a fan.

We sat on Santa's lap....
And then she realized who she was sitting with....
And said, "Forget this!"


But when I say "It's the little things," that is what makes your heart melt. The Hubby has been slightly disappointed because of the Girl's attachment to Mommy. When he gets home in the evenings, he kisses me, and goes in to give her a kiss. Like with nearly everyone right now, she turns away. However, this Saturday as he was keeping her entertained while I finished getting everything ready to head out to our first Christmas family gathering of the year, I hear him yell with glee from the other end of the house. I hurry back to the living room to see the two of them laying on the floor playing. The Hubby says, "Watch this" and puckers up to the Girl and makes the kissy sound. Without hesitation, she leans down and gives him her first kiss!

I think he is still on cloud nine! It truly is the little things...

2 comments:

  1. Oh so very true! I love those times too! I'm also late to work EVERY DAY! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Joe - it may take a while but every now and then, she will lean on the Daddy side for a period...especially when she becomes more independent :)

    ReplyDelete